OK Folks let’s see what you’re all building.
I haven’t had much time over the last few years to do any DIY but here’s a couple of modules I built when I had the time.
They look great. There’s something to be said for basic no frills sequencers.
Love the simplicity of these.
We don’t know what they do, but red means fast.
After a bit of a break, while focusing on other endeavors, I am back on the DIY train. Currently working through my backlog, I’ve finished these two and a FC Continuum phaser (not pictured).
On the bench at the moment is a Thomas Henry SMT SN Voice but it looks like I’ll be parking it while I sort out some BOM errors
Perfboard prototype of a MIDI to CV module.
- 12bit DACs with 0-8.192V range
- 2x Octave/V and gate outputs assignable to any midi channel.
- 2x 0-4.096V outputs assignable to any MIDI control (eg volume, mod wheel)
- all necessary MIDI input and power protection
- 128x96 OLED display (to aid configuration/show status)
To come (via the firmware):
- Pitch bend and configuration (currently disabled as my keyboards pitch been wheel is acting up and needs to be fixed)
- Program change to allow multiple configurations to be stored/loaded.
- Fully configuration interface
- automated tuning in software (the large octave range will help here)
Some mock-ups while i wait for parts
MS507 Dual Digital Envelope + Dual VCA (CEM3360)
MS237 Dual MS20 Filter HP/BP/LP with lots of CV control (Both cutoffs, individual cutoffs and a ‘spacing’ CV offset between Filter A & B)
Anyone know where to get those faders alone? I wanna make a baby8/16 sequencer from scratch with them…
I got them here:
Damn, that filter looks amazing. Are you gonna be selling it soon? and if so, in what form? Some form of kit would be
Also, your 1010 sequencer looks great. I’ve been thinking of trying to make a 16-step version of something like that based on the baby8/10. I don’t know if I’d need the individual outs, but do you think it would be possible to fit 4 rows of pots and 4 rows of jacks in that space? That would be kind of cool - 4x4 of knobs, 4x4 bank of jacks, with the clock/CV/reset on the side.