Thoughts on ancillary kit from the Tin Shed

Bit of brainstorming here at Tin Shed towers to make sure I keep things useful and relevant for everyone.

I gots to thinking about what out there may be useful that is ancillary to Eurorack but not otherwise provided. Not talking desktop modules (i.e Mother 32 etc) - Although the Erebus is on way :slight_smile:

Things like cables, blank panels, screws etc are plentiful. But how about things like reasonably priced micro SD cards as they are being used more and more in a wide variety of modules ? Thats the kind of thinking I am after. make sense?

It may amount to nothing or end up being too expensive. not going to use the obvious “cogitation outside the 3 dimensional geometric shape” cliche but really keen to hear anyone’s thoughts.

thanks in advance

cheers
chris

2 Likes

Paying postage for sd cards might be an issue for some.
Would love an affordable skiff option. < $200 without power
Could always use more stackables or whatever the new fangled option is atm for multiplying a signal

1 Like

Case options. Always a tough one though!
Cable hangers. That’s my next purchase.

1 Like

Rails, strips and side plates.

3 Likes

hmm yeah good point must admit in my mind i just assumed people would bundle them up with a bigger order. But good point.

A sub $200 skiff would be interesting to look into.

appreciate you reply mate

cheers
chris

ah yes rails…cool

thanks for taking the time mate

Actually you remind me I need to order some more able hangers in.

Thank you mate. Much appreciated

+1 for strips, was looking for those a while ago and eventually gave up

I didn’t give up and found these. Schroff strips. M2.5, for vector rails.

RS Stock No. 875-3137 Mfr. Part No. 34561384

Needed 2mm shaved off the end to fit perfectly but at the price, hard to beat.

(Apologies to Mr Shed for thread(ed strip) hijacking)

1 Like

all good mate… :slight_smile:

Seeing as there is a good relationship with Befaco, their cables are quite good. You already have the knurlies which I love.

Hangers are a great idea. And so are the stackables and splitters. Maybe some passive and active bus boards? I had to get most of the gear from OS for the new case build.

1 Like

T-shirts & more T-shirts…& Tshirts!

1 Like

I think you are on to something here. Watch this space for Erica, Befaco and more Xaoc T-shirts :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah I need to look at the bus board stuff. Erica and Befaco would be my go to for those. whaddya think?

Yeah I want one of them Xaoc T-shirts!

Legend. Already worn out my Xaoc t-shirt!

DIY psu/busboards are something that when I want them, I need them now, not 2 or 3 weeks shipping away. Sometimes I just need small, affordable supplies for small homemade rigs, nothing fancy, so the brands you mentioned are fine for that sort of thing.

Befaco boards look good. I don’t think Erica sells boards separately.

i want an erica synths hoodie but i dont want to ship it from latvia…

Well you may just be in luck :slight_smile: